Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How To Read Ulysses at Nerd Nite

Nerd Nite might be one of the coolest intellectual events in the metro Boston area. Basically, people who are passionate about some topic, in my case books, give Power Point presentations at a bar about their topic. The event features up to three different presentations. This Friday, August 1 at around 9 pm at the Midway Cafe, 3496 Washington St. in Jamaica Plain, I will be giving a presentation called "How to Read Ulysses." Ulysses is of course James Joyce's massive masterpiece that too often gets used as a shelf-spacer than as a novel. If you've never read it but have always wanted to this is a great chance to get the skills you need to finally get through it. If you have read it, this is your chance to heckle someone in a bar... about Ulysses. Is there a better way to spend a Friday night? There is a $3 cover charge but along with three presentations there will also be live bands. For the full August 1 line-up and for more information about Nerd Nite please visit Nerd Nite's Google Group, here.

1 comment:

Alexander Danner said...

This sounds like a great time--I wish I could have gone, but I was in California at the time. I've signed up to the mailing list though, so I can hear about future events. I hope it wen twell!


Blog Archive