Friday, February 26, 2010

The Coming Insurrection

Last year when ordering new titles from the MIT Press catalog I passed on a title that recently has been getting quite a bit of attention. It's a French-leftist, political manifesto that analyzes the current economic and political crisis as a colossal failure of capitalism and calls for a youth-led overthrow of the system. I was amused when reading the catalog description, remembering like tracts I took so seriously 40 years ago. Of course, only the French, I thought, could still think this way.

But low and behold, Glenn Beck got a hold of a copy of it, read it, and proclaimed on his show that it is "quite possibly the most evil thing I've ever read'. As you can imagine sales immediately spiked across the country and MIT Press has had to go back to press several times.

We now have a few copies in stock with more on the way.

No comments:


Blog Archive